Pull My Finger gets iPhone App store reprieve

An Apple iPhone app that includes ‘18 high quality sounds’ and ‘18 unique, well-designed cartoon characters,’ devoted to lewd noises has won a reprieve from Apple after originally being rejected from the App store.

The developer of the Pull My Finger App, Sam from Air-O-Matic (he prefers his last name to be withheld for personal reasons) told Information Week in an email:.


“I'm the developer of the infamously rejected iPhone app, 'Pull My Finger.' I just got a call from Apple with some interesting news that I thought I'd pass along to you."

"They told me that they are going to start approving a whole new "genre" of apps, and that Pull My Finger will be the first to be accepted in this genre. As of now, Pull My Finger is available in the app store:"

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289327939&mt=8

"The very kind Apple Team Member told me that they didn't want to reject it originally, but that they were sorting out how this "genre" of apps were going to be handled. She told me they'd be lifting the restriction on them, and more apps will follow that may have been previously not allowed."

So it looks like Apple is working out a way to loosen its restrictions to allow a wider range of applications on the App Store, and this only means great things for a development community that has been wondering if things were going to get better or worse.

Pull My Finger has gained a great deal of press coverage with reports in the LA Times, Miami Herald, MacLife’s Top 10 Apple Influencers of 2008, Wired Magazine, The Guardian, and CNET.com says Air-O-Matic.

The iPhone app also offers random mode for when you want a "nice" surprise, chorus mode to play a continuous loop and even vibrates for extra realism.

Pull My Finger costs 59p from the Apple App store.

A video demo is available on the makers website.

Get four free Mac programs worth 82 and 40 free prints from Jessops with Macworld print magazine. On sale now! Click here for more information.




Norway consumer body challenges Apple over iTunes
(Reuters)

Apple: 300 million iPhone apps downloaded
Apple denies CastCatcher update entry into App Store
Vallenato duo bring Colombian genre to U.S. fans
(Reuters)